Here are 7 research-backed ways the act of voting can increase your overall health and well-being…especially your mental and emotional health:
- ???????????? Voting can make you feel like you’re part of a COMMUNITY. Feeling a connection with other people is linked to greater quality of life and longevity.
- ????♂️Voting can help LOWER STRESS by giving you a sense of control and accomplishment.
- ✅ Voting – as part of being politically active – can give you a greater sense of well-being and LIFE SATISFACTION.
- ????Voting can translate into feeling more IN CONTROL over other areas in your life that you want to improvement like nutrition and exercise.
- ???? Voting and political activism of any kind is associated with feelings of FREEDOM, POSITIVE EMOTIONS and WELL-BEING.
- ❤️ Voting can strengthen important SUPPORT SYSTEMS by making you feel included which can lead to a higher quality of life and reduced feelings of loneliness.
- ???? Voting can increase your HAPPINESS when you believe you are doing something that can make a real difference to your daily life.